Apache here reporting on my Guide Dog Adventures over the past week. Guess what? Remember a few weeks ago we met up with my mentor, Dublin at Downtown Disney. Well this week we went back to Downtown Disney with our Orange County Guide Dogs of America group to grab a bite to eat and visit some of the stores.
Guide Dog Outing To Downtown Disney w/ Fireworks!
There were a few major differences this time at Downtown Disney:
- We went with 6 other guide dog puppies in training. More puppy distractions.
- It was summertime! Lots and lots of people. Navigating through large crowds was a lot different from our last visit.
- We went at night time. Everything looks a little bit different at night.
- Fourth of July is right around the corner which means fireworks! We stayed for the fireworks and boy were they loud!
So enough jabber! Lets get to some of those pictures:
We were a
little extremely late because of some major summer traffic. Bad Daddy for not planning for traffic! Yep, that’s me…I’m always smiling for the camera!
That’s Me! Apache Golden Retriever
Wait a second…who’s that impostor! He looks like me, but where’s his treat spot?
It’s Koa! Another Golden Retriever Puppy In Training!
We grabbed dinner at the La Brea Bakery lots of humans and doggies! After grabbing dinner we walked the streets of Downtown Disney and made a stop at the Build-A-Bear store. That’s Me (Apache), Massimo, Koa, Cici, and Tucker is the one acting silly.
That’s the gang hanging at Build A Bear!
It was getting late when I heard these loud booming sounds! I didn’t know what was going on and I’m not sure I really liked it either. I looked around, but I couldn’t tell where the noises were coming from. Dad told me to “sit” then “down” then “stay” and then he repeated the exercise. I felt like I was back at my obedience training class. Dad said I was a good boy for following his directions and took me for a little walk so we could work on our loose leash heeling.
I can hear them, but I can’t see them…well no wonder why I’m looking the wrong direction!
I’m not sure I like the 4th of July and I didn’t like those fireworks too much, but Dad said I did okay considering how loud it was and with all the distractions of Downtown Disney. He said Dublin didn’t even notice the fireworks when he visited Downtown Disney. How could he not notice! They’re so loud! I guess Dublin isn’t as sensitive as me.
Linus, Stetson, and Apache write a guest post every Monday called “Monday Mischief“, where they talk about their mischief, antics, and adventures from the past weekend.
Sorry we’re a bit late this week with our awesome doggy links of the week…
Here we are again at the end of the week (actually it’s now the beginning of the week) with our favorite posts from the top dog blogs around the world. We’re going to keep it short and sweet…so lets get started with our adorable puppy pic:
Dublin Puppy In Training
Now that we got the adorable puppy out of the way lets check out this weeks doggy blog articles:
- Discouraging Your Dog’s Bad Behavior in 10 Easy Steps – A great thing about working on your dogs training is that it will strengthen the bond between you and your dog. One of my favorite points in this article helps curb destructive chewing. We use the same technique when training our own guide dog puppies. Another good point this article brings up is that you can change a dogs bad behavior and that bad behavior is not permanent. In other words you can teach an old dog new tricks.
- Top 7 Holiday Dangers To Avoid For Your Dog – some great tips on foods your pet should avoid not just over the holidays, but always. Some foods you may not be aware of are onions, grapes, and raisins My ex-girlfriend actually gave my dog a few grapes and I flipped out. Lucky for us it was only about 3 which apparently was ok for a dog his size.
- Top 10 Dog Breeds That Don’t Shed – Every day I wear black clothes by the end of the day I can see long yellow golden fur all over. If I don’t vacuum at least once a day the little fur ball tumbleweeds start forming. Lucky for me I don’t have allergies to dogs. However, lucky for some others not all dogs shed like my Labrador Retriever, my Australian Shepherd mix, and my Golden Retriever. This week we came across a list of dogs that do not shed so if you’re interested in not having to vacuum or use a lint brush on a daily basis then check out this weeks list of dog breeds that do not shed.
- 5 Easy Ways To Raise Funds For An Animal Shelter – If you volunteer at an animal shelter/rescue then check out this list. In fact if you volunteer for any non-profit organization (we volunteer as puppy raisers for Guide Dogs of America) you might find some helpful hints on how to raise funds for your favorite charity organization. If you’ve been following our blog for a while then you know we raised money for Guide Dogs of America through Dublin’s Puppy In Training TV video series (let us know if you want to sponsor an episode).
- 10 Great Holiday Gifts for Great Pet Lovers - If you haven’t already checked out our list of most popular dog toys then you might want to check it out now! However, if you can’t find the perfect dog toy then you might want to check out this weeks list of holiday gifts for pet lovers. It’s definitely a more high end list, but maybe you’re looking for something special this year like a pet portrait or personalized doggie jewelry…not really my cup of tea.
That’s it for this weeks Puppy In Training link roundup. If you want to submit a link for next week then just leave us a comment in the comments section below. Did you write a great blog article this week? Let us know about it.