This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
We’re just a couple weeks away from the LA Auto Show and I’m hoping to get a glimpse of the Dog-Friendly Toyota Venza. We are also hoping to see the dog-friendly Honda Element as well. Unfortunately we only saw the plain old vanilla versions of the Honda Element and saw nothing of the dog-friendly accessories for the Toyota Venza at the OC Auto Show.
Dog-Friendly Toyota Venza
So what is it that we hope to see at the LA Auto show? Well, the Toyota Venza was designed with the dog owner in mind. Toyota is offering pet accessories for the Venza. Here’s a list from Suite 101:
- Waterproof hammock style seat covers
- Pet ramps for easy access via the rear hatch
- A booster seat pet restraint system, complete with adjustable harness
- A zipline for the rear seat, with matching harness pet restraint system to allow for movement while keeping pets restrained during an accident
- A dog leash tether to keep dogs from jumping out of the car or into the driver’s area
- An adjustable pet barrier to keep pets in the back seat or rear cargo area
I’m glad that Toyota has decided to keep the dog owner in mind when designing their latest vehicles. Even if they do not have the Venza pet accessories on display at the LA Autoshow I’ll have to take a closer look at the car to see if it meets my needs. Who knows? The Toyota Venza may be my next Dog Car!
As you all know I’ve had my eye out for the perfect dog car for the past 2 years. My tastes have adjusted over that time and not only am I looking for a great dog car, but one that is eco-friendly too. Unfortunately, larger cars such as the Venza don’t usually get great gas mileage while green cars that get good gas mileage are often on the small side for me and my two large dogs. Is there a happy medium? If you’ve already found the perfect eco-friendly dog car I’d love to hear about it in the comments section below.