Yes! We’re going to SuperZoo 2018!
I’ve wanted to attend SuperZoo since the inception of this blog over 10 years ago.
We heard it is “the must attend event of the year for pet professionals across the globe.”
So, we finally saved our pennies and decided we’re making the trek to Vegas for SuperZoo 2018!
I’m so excited! but what’s a blogger to do at “North America’s Most Attended Pet Industry Event”?
Lets start out with…
WHAT Is SuperZoo 2018?
SuperZoo it sounds like a great place to take my kid.
Sorry Emma this is a pet industry trade show not a petting zoo.
Here’s a quick description from the SuperZoo website.
Every year, more than 21,000 pet professionals from across the U.S. and around the world converge on SuperZoo to experience North America’s premier industry trade show. In four action-packed days, attendees access an array of business-boosting opportunities, including an expo floor filled with 850+ product launches and special showcases, expert-led education, a fun-filled concert and networking opportunities and other special events. The most attended of any pet-industry show in North America, SuperZoo welcomes more than 1,100 exhibitors showcasing their brands to over 10,000 qualified buyers and decision-makers.
WHERE Is SuperZoo Held?
SuperZoo is held every year in Las Vegas, NV just a hop skip, and jump from my home in California…actually about a 3 1/2 hour car ride.
Here are the exact details for SuperZoo 2018:
WHAT: SuperZoo 2018
WHEN: June 26-28, 2018, EDUCATION: June 25-27, 2018
WHERE: Mandalay Bay Convention Center 3950 Las Vegas Blvd. South Las Vegas, NV 89119
WHY Attend SuperZoo 2018
Top 5 reasons to attend SuperZoo (according to the SuperZoo website):
- Sneak peeks at new products. More than 820 products make their debut each year at SuperZoo. Who doesn’t want to see the latest and greatest, first? What a great time to find new dog toys for Raven and Stetson! Maybe I’ll find a few great products to talk about on the blog 🙂
- Deals and discounts. Who doesn’t like saving money?
- Networking. Probably my number one reason for attending. I’m very interested in connecting with brands and bloggers. If you’re going to SuperZoo please let me know, I’d love to meet up!
- Expert-led programming. If your interested in learning more about retail, grooming, or animal wellness than check out the schedule.
- Getting your groom on. $45,000 in prizes in the grooming competitions. Unfortunately, grooming competitions are not in my wheelhouse.
This is my first SuperZoo so I’m not too sure what to expect.
My To-Do List:
- Pre-Register – If you’re planning on going to SuperZoo it’s FREE to pre-register online. Onsite you’ll have to pay $20.
- Travel Arrangements – I booked my hotel room and plan on driving to Vegas. When attending conferences I normally try to stay at the event hotel which is Mandalay Bay. However, as a frequent traveler to Las Vegas I know that there is a tram that connects Mandalay Bay to the Luxor and Excalibur so I’m saving a little money by staying at Excalibur plus I’m a sucker for the medieval theme. Did you ever see the movie Excalibur starring a young Helen Mirren? Loved it! but I digress…
- Review the Schedule – I mostly plan on walking the trade show floor and talking to the exhibitors about their products. There are a few networking events I might attend. Make sure you check the schedule to see what might suit your fancy.
- Business Cards – Yep, I’ll be bringing my biz cards to share with numbers 5 and 6.
- Brands – Check out the Exhibitor List. I’ve already contacted a few brands to schedule meetings. If you’re a brand and would like to meet up let me know.
- Bloggers – Every year I read about other pet blogger’s adventures at SuperZoo. Since I’m attending this year I hope to meet up with a few of my fellow bloggers. If you’re a pet blogger and want to meet up let me know.
- Plan for Trade Show Floor – Check out the map of the show room floor. As a newbie I’m not too sure how long it will take me to get through the entire show room floor so I’m prioritizing which exhibitors are “must sees” and circling them on my map.
- Write A Blog Post – In the process…
- Have Fun – Checking new, innovative pet products…it’s like a dream! Having fun shouldn’t be a problem.
Am I missing anything?
I know…the Flying Elvises are a must see…if you know what movie I’m talking about then extra points for you!
Are you going to SuperZoo or have you gone in the past?
If so, tell me about your experiences and if I’m missing anything from my to-do list.