This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Episode 1 – Picking Up Your Puppy
Welcome to the first episode of Puppy In Training TV – Picking Up Your Puppy. You’ll notice at the end of the episode we thank our sponsors. If you’d like to sponsor an episode then please visit our Puppy In Training TV Sponsorship page.
Enjoy this weeks puppy training video!
Picking Up Your Puppy Transcription
The transcription is not nearly as riveting as the video, but we thought it would be a good idea to transcribe our puppy training videos.
Hey Everyone, my name’s Colby. Welcome the the first episode of Puppy In Training starring this little guy right here: Dublin…Good Boy Dublin.
(Titles Roll): Puppy In Training TV Starring Dublin. With Linus Aussie Mix Rescue. Also Colby The Human. And Stetson Career Changed Guide Dog. Episode 1 – Picking Up Your Puppy.
Thanks for joining us for our first episode…Picking Up Your Puppy. Since I first started raising Guide Dog Puppies I’ve been keeping a blog at PuppyInTraining.com.
However, this time I wanted to do a little more and share with my family some of the things I do with my guide dog puppies by shooting some video and starting a Puppy YouTube Channel. So lets get started with our first episode – Picking Up Your Puppy.
There are a few things I like to do before puppy pickup day.
- First just stop by the pet supply store pickup some puppy toys, some Bitter Apple spray, Nature’s Miracle just in case my puppy has an accident.
- The second thing I like to do is puppy proof my house by getting down on my hands and knees and getting my puppy’s point of view – looking for any dangers he might see.
Puppy Pickup Day is one of those great times and I like to keep a list of things to do just so I don’t forget during the excitement.
- The first thing I like to do is make sure I bring a friend along to document the moment with pictures and video and help me with any problems I have.
- The second thing I like to do is just bring along a stuffed toy and rub it all over my puppy’s litter mates. I like to do this because on my puppy’s first night home alone in his kennel he’ll have his little stuffed toy with the scent of his litter mates on it which will make him feel more comfortable.
- The final thing I like to do is bring lots of paper towels and rags just in case my puppy has an accident on the car ride home.
Lucky for us Guide Dogs of America sends us home with a nice little puppy care package to get us started on those first few days. Some of the things we got were our puppy’s first bag of food, a nice blanket for his kennel, some fliers with training information on it, our puppy’s first guide dog vest, a brush, his leash and collar, some toys, we were also lucky enough to get a nice blanket and picture of litter mates from Dublin’s grandma.
Dublin’s first night at home wasn’t too bad. He did whine for a little bit as you can see here in the video, but I put his toy in there with him with the scent of his litter mates and he fell asleep after maybe five minutes and slept almost through the entire night.
Thanks for joining us for our first episode of Puppy In Training. Puppy Pickup Day is one of those very exciting times and whether you’re a guide dog puppy raiser or picking up your first puppy we’d love to hear your story so leave us a comment in the comment sections below and don’t forget to please subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Thanks again and we’ll see you next time.
A Special Thanks To This Episodes Sponsor:
Connect With Colby:
For more information on how you can sponsor an episode visit PuppyInTraining.com.
Top Picks For Our Puppies
- BEST PUPPY TOY
We Like: Snuggle Puppy w/ Heart Beat & Heat Pack - Perfect for new puppies. We get all of our Service Dog pups a Snuggle Puppy.
- BEST DOG CHEW
We Like: Best Bully Sticks - All of our puppies love to bite, nip, and chew. We love using Bully Sticks to help divert these unwanted behaviors.
- BEST DOG TREATS
We Like: Wellness Soft Puppy Bites - One of our favorite treats for training our service dog puppies.
Check out more of our favorites on our New Puppy Checklist.