Episode 2 – Take Your Dog To Work
Welcome to the second episode of Puppy In Training TV – Take Your Dog To Work. You’ll notice at the end of the episode we thank our sponsors. If you’d like to sponsor an episode then please visit our Puppy In Training TV Sponsorship page.
Enjoy this weeks puppy training video!
Take Your Dog To Work Transcription
The Take your Dog To Work Transcription is not nearly as riveting as our video, but just in case for some reason you cannot get the video play properly we offer this written version of Puppy In Training TV Episode 2.
Hey Everyone, Colby and Dublin here at the Ascolta Training Headquarters. Welcome to episode 2 of Puppy In Training TV.
(Titles Roll): Puppy In Training TV Starring Dublin. With Linus Aussie Mix Rescue. Also Colby The Human. And Stetson Career Changed Guide Dog. Episode 2 – Take Your Dog To Work.
Oh hey guys, Colby here just some work done here at the office. Welcome to episode 2 – Take Your Dog To Work.
As many of you already know Take Your Dog To Work Day was a few months ago, but if you’ve been following us on Facebook then you’ll know that we brought Reggie, another GDA puppy to work with us on that day.
As Guide Dog puppy raisers it’s our job to expose our puppies to different situations…such as an office environment like we have at Ascolta.
Going to the office is great training for Dublin and he spends nearly the entire day with me doing the same things I do including:
- Taking a small break in the break room.
- Sitting quietly next to me while I make a copy on the copy machine.
- And patiently waiting by my feet while I’m in the middle of a sales meeting.
At Ascolta we offer technical training to corporate students across the world using cutting edge technology such as this Cisco TelePresence training classroom. Ascolta is based out of Irvine, California and on this day I’m showing Sharlene, our sales rep in Denver, Colorado, Dublin our latest Puppy In Training.
We bring our Guide Dog puppies home at 7 to 8 weeks of age and during those first few weeks I try to do my best to make sure my puppy has an easy time getting adjusted to his new home environment. I also have two dogs at home, Stetson and Linus and when I first brought Dublin home I made sure the adjustment period went a little easier by introducing him slowly to his two, new, big brothers.
We begin teaching the basics from day 1 and
- One of the first things I did when I brought Dublin home was show him the door he needs to go to when it’s time to go potty. Next I took Dublin over to the spot where he’s supposed to go potty and I told him to “Get Busy” which is the command we give to let our puppy know it’s time to relieve himself.
- Another basic we started teaching Dublin from the very beginning was to sit and wait patiently for his food…as soon as we said “OK” …he was allowed to eat.
- You may recall from Dublin’s first night that he whined a little bit, but overall he did a great job. Crate Training is another basic we began teaching Dublin starting his first night at home. We tell him to first “Kennel” which lets them know they’re supposed to go into their kennel and then once we open the kennel they’re not supposed to come out until we tell them “OK”.
Thanks for joining us for our second episode of Puppy In Training TV. We’d love to hear about your first few weeks of puppy training. So if you have a chance, tell us your story in the comment section below. And as always don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. We’ll see you later and talk to you soon.
A special thanks to Ascolta and the Ascolta employees for sponsoring this episode. If you’re looking for technical training visit www.ascolta.com.
If you’d like to sponsor an episode of Puppy In Training TV visit PuppyInTraining.com.