This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
In our never-ending search for the perfect slow feeder dog bowl we came across an interesting new dog toy that we think might be the perfect feeding device for Stetson – our fast-eating dog.
ENTER…the KONG Wobbler Dog Toy!
Yep! It’s not a dog bowl!
This time Stetson is going to test a new treat-dispensing device.
At first, we didn’t think it would be a very good dog bowl replacement until we came across the large version of this giant KONG!
So without further adieu let’s get down to the details on this bad boy!
KONG Wobbler Dog Toy Review
PetSmart.com Product Description
The Wobbler is a KONG-shaped food dispensing toy and feeder that sits upright until pushed with a dog’s paw or nose, then dispenses treats as it wobbles, spins and rolls.
The Wobbler unscrews for quick filling and easy clean-up and is top-shelf dishwasher safe.
It is great for playtime, providing challenge and physical activity the whole family will enjoy watching.
It also presents an excellent alternative to the traditional food bowl, extending the joy of feeding time and preventing unhealthy gulping.
The Wobbler is made of a durable, FDA food-approved, high-strength polymer and can accommodate up to two cups of food.
- Twist off top to open
- Fill Wobbler dish with dry dog food or favorite small treats.
- Twist on top. Encourage dog to rock Wobbler to dispense reward.
For dogs 25 pounds and up.
Made in the USA.
Here are a few more things I got off of the “Official” KONG Wobbler packaging:
- Dispense food and treats for hours of fun – “Uhhh…I hope it doesn’t take hours for Stetson to finish a whole meal of food!”
- entertaining wobble action
- Supervised use only
- Inspect toy frequently – Remove toy if damaged
- Twist off easy fill dispenser
- Prevents rapid eating – “This is the number 1 reason why we’re reviewing this doggy toy!”
It even came with some simple directions on how to use it on the packaging:
- Twist off top to open
- Fill Wobbler dish with dry dog food, small KONG Stuff ‘N Snacks, or favorite small treats.
- For treat dispensing fun, add a handful.
- For mealtime feeding, feed normal amount, up to 1 cup per filling.
- Twist top on tightly. Encourage dog to rock Wobbler to dispense reward.
Top Shelf Dishwasher safe.
A Few Pics Of The KONG Wobbler
I always like giving my initial thoughts on all our dog toys and products before I let any of the pups start their own interactive review prodding, playing, and sometimes destroying these toys.
First of all, this is not you’re regular-sized rubber classic KONG as you can see below.
On the left is your standard-sized KONG (as you can see it’s well used by my pups) and on the right is the ginormous (this is the Large) KONG Wobbler!
This thing was a lot larger than I expected and according to the PetSmart.com description, it can hold up to 2 cups of food!
That’s awesome because Stetson’s normal feedings are 1 1/2 cups of food!
Here’s a shot of the KONG Wobbler next to our recently reviewed Martha Stewart Pets Slow Feeder Dog Bowl.
As you can see the KONG Wobbler is similar in size to the Martha Stewart bowl.
I was hoping to include a few pictures next to familiar objects to give you an idea of the size of the Wobbler.
Tops off! Here’s our final picture of the Wobbler with its top off. It’s very easy to unscrew and looks like it will be very easy to load up with Stetson’s kibble.
In fact, the lid portion of the Wobbler almost looks like a small dog bowl.
My Initial Thoughts On The KONG Wobbler
When I first saw the KONG Wobbler I thought it was just a giant hollow KONG with a nice treat dispensing hole, but as soon as I had one in my hands I knew it was a completely different kind of dog toy, a treat dispenser, feeding device.
- First of all, it’s not made out of the same material as your standard Classic KONG. The red KONG toys I’ve had in the past are made of a soft, durable, rubber that usually lasts a long time even with heavy chewing dogs (they also have more durable versions, but the most common is the red classic KONG). The Wobbler is made of hard plastic and according to the PetSmart.com description: “The Wobbler is made of a durable, FDA food-approved, high strength polymer” If you haven’t felt one of these then just think hard plastic as opposed to the normal soft rubber KONG.
- The base of the KONG Wobbler is weighted. If you shake the bottom it sounds like there is sand on the inside.
- I played around with it for a little bit and after screwing it back together it always stands upright no matter which direction you push it.
- There’s one circle hole the dispense treats, but there are a couple of notches that I believe are meant as cutaways. However, cutting away at those holes would definitely require some work.
After checking over the Wobbler up and down, back and forth, left and right I have a feeling it is going to take Stetson a while to eat 1 1/2 cups of food out of this treat dispenser.
It took Stetson about 1 minute to eat 1 1/2 cups out of his normal dog bowl and 2 minutes to eat out of the Martha Stewart Pets Slow Feeder Dog Bowl.
My prediction is that it will take well over 5 minutes for Stetson to get every last morsel out of the KONG Wobbler.
Of course, the true test and review will come from Stetson my black Labrador Retriever.
He will get his chance to poke, prod, and play with the new KONG Wobbler over the next few days and we’ll put together a nice video review next week.
I’m excited to see how well this new product works.
So far it looks like a great dog product because it’s not only a dog toy, but also a possible dog bowl/feeder, and it’s also interactive and will make Stetson think.
The KONG Wobbler Giveaway
It’s simple to enter!
We want to hear your thoughts about the KONG Wobbler.
Just leave us a comment in the comment section below and tell us 2 things:
- You’ve seen the pictures and my initial thoughts. What do you think about the KONG Wobbler?
- How long do you think it will take Stetson to eat 1 1/2 cups of food using the KONG Wobbler.
We’re going to do this giveaway “Price Is Right” style.
Whoever gets closest to Stetson’s time for eating 1 1/2 cups of food without going over using the KONG Wobbler will win a brand new KONG Wobbler for their dog(s).
We’ll announce the winner late next week.
UPDATE: The KONG Wobbler Giveaway has ended. If your dog is a fast eater like Stetson then you might want to consider a treat-dispensing toy like a KONG Wobbler instead of your standard dog bowl.
Special thanks to PetSmart for providing a free product sample in order to do our review.
There was no compensation.
The opinions expressed are my own and not influenced in any way.
Top Picks For Our Puppies
- BEST DOG CHEW
We Like: Beef Collagen Sticks - All of our pups love to bite, nip, and chew. We love using Collagen Sticks to help divert these unwanted behaviors.
- BEST PUPPY TOY
We Like: Calmeroos Puppy Toy w/ Heartbeat and Heat Packs - Perfect for new puppies. Helps ease anxiety in their new home.
- BEST DOG TREATS
We Like: Crazy Dog Train-Me Treats - We use these as our high-value treats for our guide dog puppies.
- BEST FRESH DOG FOOD
We Like: The Farmer's Dog - A couple months ago we started feeding Raven fresh dog food and she loves it! Get 50% off your first order of The Farmer's Dog.
Check out more of our favorites on our New Puppy Checklist.