This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
What is the best dog brush is a great questions after all you don’t want your dog’s shedding fur all over your house and brushing your dog helps to stimulate the follicles and skin to produce natural oils keeping skin and fur healthy.
I actually have a promotional package I received with several FURminator products in the package (I just gave this away at our latest Puppy In Training Facebook Contest).
I’m always on the look out for new dog and puppy products and great place to look is on Amazon’s Pet Supplies best seller list (Affiliate Link). Today I noticed the number 1 and number 2 top sellers were the Furminator deShedding Tool or the Furminator Brush.
In my opinion is the FURminator deShedding Tool the best dog brush? You’ll notice that whenever I pose a question my answer is almost always “It Depends” and in this case the answer once again is “It Depends”.
FURminator deShedding Tool Review
- Quickly and easily grabs and removes loose and undercoat hair
- Uniquely designed stainless steel 4-inch blade
- Reduces shedding up to 90 percent
- Ideal for all long- and short-haired shedding dogs over 50 pounds
- FURejector button removes loose hair from blade with ease
Reduce your pet’s shedding by 90 percent with the FURminator deLuxe deShedding Tool. Its premium stainless steel fine-toothed 4-inch blade does not cut, but reaches deep to grab and remove loose hair and undercoat hair quickly and easily, leaving a shiny, healthy topcoat. By removing loose, dead hairs, the tool also eliminates shedding and the cleanliness and allergy problems that accompany it. Less hair on your dog means less hair on your furniture and floors. The innovative ergonomic handle makes the tool easy to grip. The FURejector is a conveniently placed thumb button that lets you empty the collected fur from the shedding blade safely and quickly. Just push the button, and the fur is easily released. Get fast, amazing results every time with both long- and short-haired shedding breeds. Reduces shedding better than any brush, rake, or comb, and brings out the pet’s natural oils, which promotes healthier skin and a shiny coat.
My FURminator Brush Review
I have a Furminator Brush, but not the one with the FURejector. However, I do have the regular brush and I must say it is great at removing fur from your dog. Lets go over the Product features as described above:
- Quickly and easily grabs and removes loose and undercoat hair – YES – A definite yes from me and my three dogs!
- Uniquely designed steel 4-inch blade – YES – I’ve seen competitors with very similar designs.
- Reduces shedding up to 90 percent – YES – I’m not really sure, about exact numbers, but I’m going to hazard to guess that yes it does reduce shedding by up to 90 percent.
- Ideal for all long – and short-haired shedding dogs over 50 pounds – YES – I have Stetson and Dublin who have short coats and Linus who has a longer coat. The FURminator works well with both dogs.
- FURejector button removes loose hair from blade with ease – N/A – My version of the FURminator does not have the FURejector so I have no comment here.
Be careful when using the FURminator brush – the blades inside the are sharp and you need to be somewhat careful when using this device. This brush is better at removing dead fur and undercoat on your then any other brush I’ve used in the past. I highly recommend it if you’re interested in reducing the amount of fur floating around in your house.
Have you used a FURminator brush before? If so we’d love to hear what you thought about this brush. Does it work well with you dog and does it keep your home fur free (or at least a little more fur free).