This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I come from a family of traditions.
We have a Christmas party every year with my mother’s high school friends, they’re kids, and now grandkids. I haven’t missed this party since I was born…47 years and counting!
A few days before New Years we celebrate Mochitsuki, a Japanese New Years tradition pounding rice to make Mochi. I’ve done this every year with my wife and now kids since 2011.
I missed the inaugural PBC in 2011 and also missed 2014 when my blog got hacked and was down for a month. Can you believe I nearly retired from blogging that year!?
Here’s a look at my past PBC posts:
Pet Blogger Challenge
- Pet Blogger Challenge 2011
- Pet Blogger Challenge 2012
- Pet Blogger Challenge 2013
- Pet Blogger Challenge 2014
- Pet Blogger Challenge 2015
- Pet Blogger Challenge 2016
- Pet Blogger Challenge 2017
- Pet Blogger Challenge 2018
- Pet Blogger Challenge 2019
I feel a little emptiness inside because I missed 2011 and 2014. In fact, I wish I had a Pet Blogger Challenge blog post every year for this blog.
It’s fun to look back and see your blog’s big goals, accomplishments, and failures.
Okay, enough chatter Colby, what’s this all about?
Unfortunately, today I learned that Amy is not going to host the Pet Blogger Challenge this year. 🙁
This was always my time to reflect on what we accomplished on the blog and develop a vision for where we’re heading in the future.
So, what’s a pet blogger to do?
Pet Bloggers Journey
I will always think of Pet Bloggers Challenge as a part of Amy/GoPetFriendly and Edie/Will My Dog Hate Me.
So, today we’re going to take the first step of a new adventure:
Pet Bloggers Journey!
Participating in the Pet Bloggers Journey will be just as easy as it was to take part in the Pet Blogger Challenge…
- Publish a post on your blog between
January 20th-26th(I extended the date to end the Linky Blog Hop at the end of the month, January 31st.) with answers to the questions below.
- I’ll publish my answers on PuppyInTraining.com and include a Linky List in the post on the morning of January 20th.
- After publishing your post, visit my post and add your link to the Linky List so we can visit everyone’s blog.
- Finally, make sure you visit other blogs on the Pet Bloggers Journey and leave comments sharing your wisdom and encouragement.
So, beginning January 20th, 2020, join us in answering the following questions about your blog:
- When did you begin your blog? And, for anyone stopping by for the first time, please give us a quick description of what your blog is about.
- Name one thing about your blog, or one blogging goal that you accomplished during 2019, that made you most proud.
- Which of your 2019 blog posts was your favorite and why? (Please include a link.)
- What was the biggest blogging challenge you faced in 2019, and how did you tackle it?
- One goal that we all seem to share is we want to reach more people. What is your #1 tip for bringing more traffic to your blog?
- Do you do sponsored posts/reviews? If so, what do you find works best and how do you determine what to charge for a blog post, social media shares, etc.? If not, is this something you’d like to do more of? What hurdle is getting in your way?
- Looking forward to 2020, if you accomplish only one thing through your blog, what do you hope it is?
- What steps are you planning to take to ensure you reach your goal?
- The blogging landscape is constantly changing. What changes in blogging do you see coming in 2020 and beyond? What plans do you have to evolve?
- If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
Ten blogging questions to reflect back on the past and look forward to the future.
The 2020 Pet Bloggers Journey is less than a week away!
If you need help or have any questions please feel free to reach out to me or leave a comment below and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Tell Your Blogging Friends
Yep, you read it right…Pet Bloggers Journey begins 01/20/2020
We need your help in spreading the word to all your pet blogging pals. The more participants we have the more we’ll learn from each other.
So be sure and spread the word by sharing a link, blog post, pin or social media update.
I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers.
I’ll see you all next week!
Top Picks For Our Puppies
- BEST PUPPY TOY
We Like: Calmeroos Puppy Toy w/ Heartbeat and Heat Packs - Perfect for new puppies. Helps ease anxiety in their new home.
- BEST DOG CHEW
We Like: Natural Farm Bully Sticks - All of our puppies love to bite, nip, and chew. We love using Bully Sticks to help divert these unwanted behaviors.
- BEST DOG TREATS
We Like: Crazy Dog Train-Me Treats - We use these as our high-value treats for our guide dog puppies.
- BEST FRESH DOG FOOD
We Like: The Farmer's Dog - A couple months ago we started feeding Raven fresh dog food and she loves it! Get 50% off your first order of The Farmer's Dog.
Check out more of our favorites on our New Puppy Checklist.