This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I know we’re supposed to be talking about puppy training, but every once in a while I like to talk about what’s going on behind the scenes at the your favorite pet blog: PuppyInTraining.com
If you remember way back at the beginning of February I decided to make 366 posts to my pet blog as a
challenge goal for 2012. The goal was about consistency. I wanted to produce content daily for my PuppyInTraining.com dog blog. Unfortunately, my string of consecutive posts ended last Friday night when the internet connection at my hotel went down while I was on vacation 🙁
The streak ends at 44 posts, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still reach my goal of 366 blog posts. Even though I was on vacation I was still creating blog entries, but instead of posting to WordPress I saved the posts in a Word Document locally on my computer. So, fortunately I have 2 extra blog posts that I will post this week thus giving me the opportunity to reach my 366 posts.
After this past weekends debacle I wanted to reach out to other pet bloggers to find out what they do with their pet blogs when they travel. In the future these are 5 ways I plan on using to keep my pet blog up to date while on vacation.
5 Ways To Keep Up Your Pet Blog While You Travel
This is the first time I made a concerted effort to keep posting to my dog blog while on vacation and unfortunately things didn’t go quite as planned. I had time sectioned off during my trip specifically allocated as personal pet blogger time. I was able to stick to this schedule, but internet connectivity did not agree with me and I didn’t have time, vehicle, or motivation to search out other possible internet connections.
So what could I have done differently to keep my string of consecutive blog posts alive?
- Scheduled Blog Posts – I was only gone four days so I could have created a few blog posts beforehand and scheduled them using WordPress to be released on specific times and dates. This was actually the original plan, but I was so busy the week leading up to my vacation I didn’t have time to pre-write my blog posts.
- Blog While On Vacation – My plan was to just allocate some personal pet blogger time while I was off on holiday. Before traveling I made sure I could get an internet connection at my hotel. I then made sure to bring my laptop with a few blog post ideas relating to my trip. Finally, I started pet blogging late Thursday night starting with a post about dog boarding. Things went wrong on day 2…no internet for the next couple days…thus ending my consecutive streak of blog posts 🙁
- Guest Pet Bloggers – Bring in guest pet bloggers to write for a few consecutive days. Unfortunately, I don’t have the relationships at this point to pull in pet bloggers I know and trust to create riveting pet blog posts. This is something I’m going to work towards this year.
- Use Your IPhone 4S – Create blog posts using your smartphone. I have the original Droid and it’s gotten to the point where the battery really only lasts about a half day. I actually thought about using my Droid to create blog posts for my Puppy In Training blog while on vacation, but alas it seemed way to difficult especially with my outdated equipment. Now if I had a newer smartphone like the IPhone 4S or maybe some other high end Android smartphone I may have ventured into the world of pet blogging from your phone…definitely a possibility unless I go to option 5…
- Use Your “New” IPad – Create blog posts using an IPad or Android tablet. I don’t have an IPad, but maybe it’s time to get one because if I had the “New” 4G LTE IPad then I could have easily written up a few blog posts and posted them using the built in wireless connection to the internet.
Those are 4 possible options to keep your pet blog alive when you’re on vacation. However, I’m sure many of you out there have other strategies you use to keep your pet blog rolling right along while you’re on vacation. If you’re a pet blogger then please tell me what your do with your pet blog when you go on vacation. Tell us your thoughts in the comment section below.