This post may contain affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
My mother is always wondering when I’m going to get married. I’ve sometime thought this myself and I really have no explanation for why I’m not married…maybe I just haven’t met the right one. Then a revelation hit me (or rather an email in my inbox).
Lets first talk about my dogs…I have 3…Linus, Stetson, and Derby. Linus is an Australian Shepherd mix rescued from the Carson Shelter. Stetson is pure bred black Labrador Retriever and a career changed guide dog. Derby is a yellow Labrador Retriever guide dog puppy in training.
Why so many dogs, but no wife?
Well I just received an email that explained the situation to me:
Top 14 Reasons Why Men Have Dogs And Not Wives
- The later you are, the more excited your dogs are to see you.
- Dogs don’t notice if you call them by another dog’s name.
- Dogs like it if you leave a lot of things on the floor.
- A dog’s parents never visit.
- Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.
- You never have to wait for a dog; they’re ready to go 24 hours a day.
- Dogs find you amusing when you’re drunk.
- Dogs like to go hunting and fishing.
- A dog will not wake you up at night to ask, “If I died, would you get another dog?”
- If a dog has babies, you can put an ad in the paper and give them away.
- A dog will let you put a studded collar on it without calling you a pervert.
- If a dog smells another dog on you, they don’t get mad. They just think it’s interesting.
- Dogs like to ride in the back of a pickup truck.
- If a dog leaves, it won’t take half of your stuff.
I never really thought about it this way, but all very good points. So maybe I’m not holding out, maybe there is a reason why I have 3 dogs and no wife, maybe…
Top Picks For Our Puppies
- BEST PUPPY TOY
We Like: Snuggle Puppy w/ Heart Beat & Heat Pack - Perfect for new puppies. We get all of our Service Dog pups a Snuggle Puppy.
- BEST DOG CHEW
We Like: Best Bully Sticks - All of our puppies love to bite, nip, and chew. We love using Bully Sticks to help divert these unwanted behaviors.
- BEST DOG TREATS
We Like: Wellness Soft Puppy Bites - One of our favorite treats for training our service dog puppies.
Check out more of our favorites on our New Puppy Checklist.